[Tutor] Python at my work

Steve Bricker bricker.steve at imonmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:13:31 CET 2009

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }We
have Python applications for work with testing reports printed to PDF
files.  Don't know if you have that needed.
 Steve Bricker
 Now blogging at srbricker.blogspot.com
 On Thu 09/12/03 11:46 , skrabbit at comcast.net sent:
 My dept at work is reviewing all the different programming languages
 that we use and Python is kind of on the chopping block because I'm
 the only one using it so far. Basically, it would mean that no new
 development would be done in Python.
 What I need to do is show that Python is a good tool and it should
be
 in our toolbox. The other language that would be used instead of
 Python is Perl. Perl is currently used more in our dept. I can't say
 I'm a big fan of Perl, but I'll use if I have to. I'd prefer to use
 Python.
 Here's some of the reason's I think we should still use Python, and
 maybe I could get some other reasons from you guys. Note: We
primarily
 use Perl and Python for web application development, but it also
used
 on servers too.
 - Clean easy to read syntax
 - Easy to learn