[Tutor] Python at my work

skrabbit at comcast.net skrabbit at comcast.net
Thu Dec 3 18:46:59 CET 2009

My dept at work is reviewing all the different programming languages
that we use and Python is kind of on the chopping block because I'm
the only one using it so far. Basically, it would mean that no new
development would be done in Python.

What I need to do is show that Python is a good tool and it should be
in our toolbox. The other language that would be used instead of
Python is Perl. Perl is currently used more in our dept. I can't say
I'm a big fan of Perl, but I'll use if I have to. I'd prefer to use
Python.

Here's some of the reason's I think we should still use Python, and
maybe I could get some other reasons from you guys. Note: We primarily
use Perl and Python for web application development, but it also used
on servers too.

- Clean easy to read syntax
- Easy to learn
- Object Oriented as needed