[Tutor] Buffering when reading files !

Mohannad Mohammad mohannadmohammad at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 07:57:25 CEST 2009

Hello Tutor,

I have a question about reading files using:

file = open("filename.txt", "r", ........ )

The third argument ( ......... ) filled by buffering status, 0 or 1 or negative value or positive value greater than 1.
I know the meaning of every value.

but my question about the meaning of buffering, and to be more accurate, what is the different when I use buffering and when I disable it while reading files?!

I hope any detailed answer, or a useful link.

Thanks