[Tutor] Question about the FONT in Tkinter

Mohannad Mohammad mohannadmohammad at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 1 18:12:49 CEST 2009

Hello all,

Kindly refer to the attached photo.
There are two sentences appearing when the user checked two checkbutton, I make it as a practice.
ok
I want to change the font of these two sentences. how?

This is the code I use to make this simple application:

from Tkinter import *

class Application(Frame):
    def __init__(self, master):
        Frame.__init__(self, master)
        self.grid()
        self.create_widgets()
        self.font = ("tahoma", 10)

    def create_widgets(self):
        self.lbl1 = Label(self, text = "Choose your favorite movie types")
        self.lbl1.grid(row = 0, column = 0, columnspan = 2, sticky = W)

        self.lbl2 = Label(self, text = "Select all that apply:")
        self.lbl2.grid(row = 1, column = 0, columnspan = 2, sticky = W)

        self.likes_drama = BooleanVar()
        Checkbutton(self, text = "Drama", variable = self.likes_drama, command = self.update_text).grid(row = 2, column = 0, sticky = W)

        self.likes_comedy = BooleanVar()
        Checkbutton(self, text = "Comedy", variable = self.likes_comedy, command = self.update_text).grid(row = 3, column = 0, sticky = W)

        self.likes_sport = BooleanVar()
        Checkbutton(self, text = "Sport", variable = self.likes_sport, command = self.update_text).grid(row = 4, column = 0, sticky = W)

        self.box = Text(self, width = 400, height = 10, wrap = WORD)
        self.box.grid(row = 5, column = 0, columnspan = 2, sticky = W)

    def update_text(self):
        likes = ""

        if self.likes_drama.get():
            likes += "You like Drama movies\n"
        if self.likes_comedy.get():
            likes += "You like Comedy movies\n"
        if self.likes_sport.get():
            likes += "You like Sport movies\n"

        self.box.delete(0.0, END)
        self.box.insert(0.0, likes)

win = Tk()
win.title("Choose any one..")
win.geometry("400x300")
app = Application(win)
win.mainloop()

Celebrate a decade of Messenger with free winks, emoticons, display pics, and more.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/