[Tutor] How to write server which listens to specific port

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Tue Apr 14 12:35:16 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 10:59 PM, ShivKumar Anand <shiv_mbm at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Kent for this valuable information.
>
> My problem is I dont know how to send/receive a file using socket.
> How to get the filename specifically.

Where does the file name come from? Do you ask the user? Is it
requested by the remote client?

There is an introduction to socket programming here:
http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/sockets/

Did you look at the links I posted? The NetEpi project seems to have a
complete implementation of an MLLP listener. It uses another project
called halftwist that I can't find but it may still be helpful. The
Mirth link also looks promising.

This page seems to have a good description of the MLLP protocol:
http://www.hl7.org/v3ballot/html/infrastructure/transport/transport-mllp.htm

I don't know your experience level, but if you can't understand the
above MLLP protocol document you are probably in over your head.

Kent