[Tutor] How to programmatically EDIT a python file using an editor of my choice ?

Dominique mydomdom at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 09:13:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'd like to edit and not run a .py file programmatically.
os.path(filename.py) runs the file using python.

What I'd like is to only edit the file using Idle or Notepad++ or Spe...
I could do this by making a new file with a .txt extension.
But in that case, it is the program associated with the .txt extension that
would open the file.
What I'd like is to open the file using an editor of my choice.

Is there an easy way to do this ?

Thanks in advance
Dominique