[Tutor] recursive using the os.walk(path) from the os module

Richard Lovely roadierich at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:17:20 CEST 2008

The way I'd do it is create a dict mapping extensions to folders
(something like {'doc': 'word', 'pdf': 'acrobat'} ), then use
os.renames(old, new), which works the same as moving when you give it
a different path for new, and also magically handles creating new
directories for you.  The documentation for the os.walk() contains an
example that could easily be modified to do what you want.

The documentation is your friend.

--
Richard "Roadie Rich" Lovely, part of the JNP|UK Famile
www.theJNP.com