[Tutor] WMI

Steve Willoughby steve at alchemy.com
Wed Sep 17 18:38:45 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:31:50AM -0600, Spencer Parker wrote:
> Is there a way to remotely trigger an event from Linus to a windows machine?
> I have basically a virtual machine that this script would run from.  I need
> to find a way to trigger this event from a linux machine that handles all of
> our VM's.  I can find ways of doing it from a windows to windows, but not
> linux to windows.  Any clues?

Depends on what you mean by triggering an event.  Could you give a
specific example of what you want to accomplish?  Depending on what
you're trying to do, this could be as simple as invoking an existing
network RPC call or something, to as complicated as creating a web
service on windows that the linux client(s) connect to.

--
Steve Willoughby    |  Using billion-dollar satellites
steve at alchemy.com   |  to hunt for Tupperware.