[Tutor] absolute beginner

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 07:07:31 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Johnny <jgowen at lorettotel.net> wrote:
> Anyone have any advice for an all out beginner?
> Advice as in... The best book?...best tutor web page?
> I am wanting so badly to learn Python.
>
> I have went to this site...
> http://www.awaretek.com/tutorials.html
>
> This gave me lots of info,, but with so many books to choose from, I can't
> seem to find that special one that will give me (a complete dummy) the info
> I need.
>
> thanks
> Johnny

I found this book to be a great tutorial:

Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner Second Edition.
Michael Dawson.
Boston, MA:Thompson Course Technology, 2006.
ISBN: 1598631128

Dawson uses games to teach Python. The examples are games,
so the book is a lot of fun to work through. Being fun, you'll learn
easier and faster than if the examples were boring academic examples.
Most of the games are text-based, but the last two chapters introduce
you to graphics, sound, music, and animation.

Happy Programming!
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?