[Tutor] Support for datetime module

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sat Sep 6 15:08:00 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Johan Geldenhuys <johan at accesstel.com.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have want to use the datetime module on a system with ver 2.2.3 installed.
> I know it's very old, but that's what I have to deal with and can't upgrade.
> So please don't suggest that.
>
> As you know datetime was available from version 2.3.
>

> I want to know where can I get the datetime module so that I can include it
> in my package that I use on my device?

datetime is implemented in C so getting the version from 2.3 to work
on 2.2 might be difficult.

Apparently the version in the std lib is derived from a Python version
that was part of Zope, this might be helpful if you can find the
source it refers to:
http://www.zope.org/Members/fdrake/DateTimeWiki/FrontPage

Kent