[Tutor] Python in a web browser (was Re: finding numbers in range of of numbers)

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:18:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Richard Lovely
<roadierich at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I don't have internet access, and I've yet to find a public computer
> with Python, so I'm unable to test any code I write.  I'm going have
> to discpline myself not to post to here unless its: a) a problem of my
> own, or b) an answer that doesn't contain code...

There are some neat things you can do to get around this limitation,
at least a little bit.  There are at least two places you can bring up
an interactive python interpreted right inside a web browser.

http://try-python.mired.org/  Appears to be a python 2.5.2 interpreter
embedded in a web page.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/silverlight-console/console.html
This one is an IronPython interpreter (I don't know what version),
embedded via SilverLight.

I'm pretty sure that both of those are pretty limited in
functionality, but you can at least play with some basic functionality
without having python installed locally.

--
Jerry