[Tutor] experience/opinions with deploying python GUI app to Linux, Win32, and Mac OS X

greg whittier greg at thewhittiers.com
Thu Nov 13 15:05:56 CET 2008

Thanks for all the great replies!  You've reaffirmed my #1 and #2
seeds -- wxpython and a web app.  I haven't really found any show
stoppers for wxpython, but I guess I was unnecessarily suspicious.
dabodev.com looks like it targets my problem so that's something I'll
definitely look at.

I had one question about this response.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:10 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
>> - jython/SWT -- I have no experience with this, but everybody has a JVM,
>> so deploying should be easy
>
> Of the client GUI options this is probably the easiest, but
> also probably the hardest to use.

Does "probably the easiest" mean "probably the easiest to develop?"

Thanks again,
Greg