[Tutor] A tutorial for Python and QT4

Timothy Grant timothy.grant at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 02:00:24 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Robert Berman <bermanrl at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a tutorial teaching how to use QT4 Designer with Python.
> There are a number of very good tutorials for QT3, but I do not want to drop
> back from QT4.I have no problem designing the form(s) using QT4 designer;
> including signals and slots; but......I am not even certain why the form has
> to be saved as a .ui file rather  than a .frm file. I have no idea how to
> generate the python shells I can use to fill in the code for my defined
> events and the lack of a really good tutorial or two  is certainly placing
> me under a real handicap.
>
> Any pointers, literally, to some tutorials would be most appreciated.
>
> I am using  Linux (ubuntu -- 8.10) with Eric as my editor.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert

It's been a long time since I played with Qt, but I firmly believe you
need to learn how to code the GUI first before you start playing with
the tools that will code the GUI for you. You'll have a much stronger
understanding of how things work and fit together if you know how to
code it all.

--
Stand Fast,
tjg.  [Timothy Grant]