[Tutor] err... list.pairs()?

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Sun Nov 2 17:33:52 CET 2008

Excuse me for such a stupid question, I just wish to stop and lose my time
searching for something that maybe simply does not exist.
I'm looking for the builtin function for sequences that would return a list of
(index,item) pairs to be used in loops. analog to dict's items() function.
[I was writnig "for index,item in symbols.items():" when I had a doubt on
'item', as this hardly refers to a pair in the case of sequences. So that I
wanted to check... I have not found it yet ;-)]

Thank you,
Denis

PS: It /should/ exist!