[Tutor] 180MB

christopher.henk at allisontransmission.com christopher.henk at allisontransmission.com
Tue May 27 23:25:09 CEST 2008

Looking at my system, it looks like you 180MB is for all your python
packages together, not each one.
I get 68.67MB under my add/remove which is the size of my Python folder.

Chris

"Switanek, Nick" <nswitanek at stanford.edu>
Sent by: tutor-bounces at python.org
05/27/2008 04:54 PM

<tutor at python.org>
cc

Subject
[Tutor] 180MB

I?m running windows XP. Judging from the Add/Remove programs interface, it
appears that many python packages I?ve installed over the years are each
taking up right around 180MB. This includes pyreadline, winpdb, pywordnet,
numarray, numpy, and many others besides. It seems an uncanny coincidence
that each package would be within a few MB of the next. Any insight into
whether there is something wrong here, and if so, what I?ve done?

Thanks,
Nick
Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org