[Tutor] get/set attributes

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon May 26 00:06:16 CEST 2008

"Eric Abrahamsen" <eric at ericabrahamsen.net> wrote

> >> CMS  with Cherrypy/Sqlalchemy/Cheetah,
> >
> > Those are the components of TurboGears.
> I am doing this as a learning exercise, though I hadn't realized
> those  are precisely TG's components.

TG tries to use a set of "best practice" components and glue
them together into a framework.

It started off using Kid/CherryPy/SQLObject  then acquired
Alchemy as an alternative ORM and has now adopted Cheeetah
for templating so you can mix n' match by setting  your config
options to select your favourite components, but the upper level
framework stuff works fairly transparently - obviously the templating
syntax depends on the engine you use and the ORM layer is
restricted to whatever features your chosen mapper supports but
the translation to python code is pretty seamless and portable.

I like the concept of TG but there are a few niggles with it. I'm
just learning Django at the moment so can't really make any
proper comparisons yet.

Alan G.