[Tutor] Re Open a directory in the default file manager

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 01:34:07 CEST 2008

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 20:10:05 +0200
From: Tim Michelsen <timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de>
Subject: [Tutor] Open a directory in the default file manager
To: tutor at python.org

Hello,
>>is there any function/module that allows me to open a directory in the
>>default file manager of a operating system?

The os module gives you file & directory management functions, but not a
graphical file manager.
The os module also has many functions for spawning other processes

This doesn't open a File Manager- per se, it opens a platform independent
File Browser, and from it you can do some limited functions that a file
manager would.

Try EasyDialogs
(On Windows you need to install it first, it's part of the Mac python
distribution, but is not for Windows.

EasyDialogs.AskFolder

also

EasyDialogs.AskFileForOpen