[Tutor] timed functions? Timeouts?

Moishy Gluck moishyyehuda at gmail.com
Tue May 20 23:33:38 CEST 2008

#A single " * " accepts arbitrary amount of unnamed parameters. Two " ** "
accepts an arbitrary amount of unnamed parameters.

# Using asterisk.
def FuncOne(*list, **dict):

    for color in list:
        print color

    print ""

    for [color, value] in dict.items():
        print color.ljust(5), ":", value

# Not using asterisk.
def FuncTwo(list, dict):

    for color in list:
        print color

    print ""

    for [color, value] in dict.items():
        print color.ljust(5), ":", value

#A single " * " turns a list into unnamed parameters. Two " ** " dictionary
in named parameters.

colors = ["red", "green", "blue"]

rgbValues = {"red": "ff0000", "green": "00ff00", "blue": "0000ff", }

print "FuncOne:\n"

# Using asterisk.
FuncOne(*colors, **rgbValues)

print "\n\nFuncTwo:\n"