[Tutor] destroying a window once a movie has stoped playing

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:23:27 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:07 PM,  <Nick.Treloar at education.nsw.gov.au> wrote:

> def movieu(self):
>          mov_name = "video.mpg"
>          pygame.mixer.quit()
>          screen = pygame.display.set_mode((320, 240))
>          video = pygame.movie.Movie(mov_name)
>          screen = pygame.display.set_mode(video.get_size())
>          video.play()
>         while video.get_busy():
>              for event in pygame.event.get():
>                  if event.type == pygame.QUIT:
>                      break
>
> this is the peice of code i am using to run a movie in my scissors paper
> rock game so when rock beats scissors a movie will play. i can get the movie
> to play but i would like to no if i can make the window destroy once the
> movie has stoped

Pygame maintains an active mailing list. You can email the list at
pygame-users at seul.org

To get on or off the mailing list, send an email message to
majordomo at seul.org with a simple command in the body.
Some examples; (note, no subject is needed). If subscribing or
unsubscribing, there's no need to enter any extra email address
information. Just use the commands like they are below, the email
address you mail from is the address mail will go to (or stop going to).
(from: http://pygame.org/wiki/info)

I think the Tutor list mainly helps with "business type" scripting
such as accessing a database, opening, writing, reading, closing
files, working with lists, dictionaries, tuples, and so forth? The
pygame list is specific to pygame, and the gurus there can
answer any pygame question you ask them!

Happy Programming!
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
Kid on Bus: What are you gonna do today, Napoleon?