[Tutor] List and tuple question -resend #2

quantrum75 quantrum75 at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 01:33:08 CEST 2008

Sincerely sorry for spamming everybody. Dint know about yahoo's quirks regarding html attachments..
Hopefully this works.

Hi everybody
I have a simple newbie kind of questions. I have tried hard to solve it, but couldn't figure it out.
The problem is,
I want to make a tuple of tuples or a list of lists in a iterative fashion in the following format. For example,

a=[[1,],[2,],[3,],[4,],[5,]]

or

a=((1,),(2,),(3,),(4,),(5,))

I need the comma since it is going into an excel sheet.
I tried
a=[]
for i in range(5):
    a.append('['+str(i)+','+']')
but it gives me,
Which is no good since excel reads the whole thing inside the ' '
instead of the actual number.

I know the solution is probably simple and I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Rama