[Tutor] put? and files

Ross Glover ross at ross.mayfirst.org
Fri May 2 05:42:53 CEST 2008

Thanks all for your in[put].  It did take me a minute to figure out that
2 variables could get assigned using this method.  Thanks to your help,
I managed to cobble together a fully functional GUI based dictionary
program (MY FIRST!).

That said, it would seem that I do need to understand files better.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a solid and detailed explanation?
Either online or a book?

What I want to do is write a program that parses text based on tags that
I create, writes the text into separate files based on specified tags,
i.e. each tag gets its own file.  At least this is my starting goal.

I've been working through the book Beginning Python, and I also went
through AByteOfPython.  Slowly it's beginning to make sense, but I would
very much like to know what my next best step should be given the above
mentioned goal.  Text processing still eludes my understanding.

Thanks again,

ross

--
If you know what you're doing, you must not be 'doing' a dissertation.