[Tutor] Saving an Image in a Given Format

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Mar 30 14:57:32 CEST 2008

Wayne Watson wrote:
> I see that I misunderstood the syntax of Python for:
>
> current_image.convert
> current_image.save
>
> current_image is a "pointer" whose type is some class, so convert() and
> save() must be methods in that class.

Yes.

> The question is what class/module?
> PIL?

That is a likely candidate, especially if you know the program uses PIL.
But it could be another image class, or a custom wrapper around PIL...

You should look for the place where the images are created. Or in your
code below you could put
print self.current_image.__class__
before the save() statements and see what it tells you.

It's curious that saveGIF() needs the convert() call. Maybe that is what
you need in the save every 10 minutes call? What format is the original
data? What is the format of the tiff files saved every 10 minutes?

You have to do a bit of detective work to sort this out.

Kent