[Tutor] my first project: a multiplication trainer

Chris Fuller cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net
Mon Mar 17 17:39:49 CET 2008

You should try some of the Python tutorials out there.  There's a difference
between tuples and lists, and the parameter list passed to the string
formatting operator must be a tuple.  String formatting will also solve your
second problem.

Also, the library reference is your friend.  I particularly like the Beazley
book, if you want something in hardcopy, but one of the less terse and more
introductory O'Rielly books might suit you better.

Here's a partial list of (mostly) tutorial resources that I've compiled:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide
http://www.uselesspython.com/gettingstarted.html
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/
http://www.secnetix.de/olli/Python/