[Tutor] Automating the windows GUI for testing purposes

lauren at protopc.com lauren at protopc.com
Fri Mar 7 23:23:29 CET 2008

Hello,

I will be automating the windows gui for the purposes of writing automated
test scripts. I have worked with Ruby before using the watir test library
for testing web applications (more or less similar to PAMIE, I believe) -
but now I am required to automate some applications running on windows.

I've looked into using pywinauto and also WATSUP. Both are possible
libraries I could use...but they lack the documentation I was hoping to
hook into.

Has anyone on this list done this sucessfully before? What tools/libraries
did you use?

Which python libraries are best suited for this type of work?

Thank you in advance,
Lauren