[Tutor] [tutor] Finding image statistics

Varsha Purohit varsha.purohit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 01:09:15 CET 2008

I am getting this list as an output

[268541.0, 264014.0, 324155.0]

Actually in my code i am finding difference between two images and i need to
count the number of pixels which appear as a difference of these two images.
These values i m getting as output are little large.

i m pasting my code again....

file1=Image.open("./pics/original.jpg")
        file2=Image.open(val)
        diff = ImageChops.subtract(file1,file2,0.3)
        stat1 = ImageStat.Stat(diff)

        count1=stat1.sum
        print count1
        diff.save("./pics/diff"+".jpg")

        diff.show()

AS you can see i am finding difference of two images which are nearly
identical. But they have some pixels that are different and i can see that
in the output image diff.jpg. So i am trying to put this difference image in
the imagestat and trying to see if i can get to count the number of pixels

thanks,

--
Varsha Purohit,
Graduate Student