[Tutor] Deleting specified files using a python program...help with code?

Saad Javed sbjaved at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 17:13:34 CEST 2008

I transfer files a lot between my windows and linux partitions...these
folders sometimes contain *.db and *.ini files which are not recognized or
used by linux. So i tried to write a program to crawl through my home dir
and remove these files...I'm *very* new to programming and python so please
be gentle. Here is the code:

*import os

list = ['*.ini', '*.db']

for root, dirs, files in os.walk('/home/saad'):
**for list in files:
**os.remove(os.path.join('root', 'list'))
print 'done'*

Unfortunately its a bit too efficient and nearly wiped my home dir before i
manually killed it. Again...treat me like a super noob.

Saad