[Tutor] Using SAPI 5 Voices and Methods

FT chester_lab at fltg.net
Tue Jun 17 05:40:42 CEST 2008

Hi!

    I am resending this SAPI examples for speech, I guess in some cases the email message gets messed up so I attached the
SAPI 5 test for voices along with an HTML version using Java Script. It also
has the methods and a voice by name assignment since the voices are an array
list by element. So I use the description to find the name. It also lists
the voice names in the console field.

    I guess you could also use the pyTTS version as well. I did have one
problem and that was the isfilename flag seems to get an error. But, also my
spell tag did not work on my tower computer, but did work on my Lap Top. Do
not know why, but it could be a version issue. Yet the isfilename also does
not work on the Lap Top, so who knows.

    Anyway, have fun and install if for either your games or web pages...

        Bruce