[Tutor] handling MIDI in python

Anthony Parks abstractpoetry at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 20:15:17 CEST 2008

regarding conversion between wav and midi, ive looked into it. like the
following article says, you can't.
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/9903_101/

i mean, it is possible, but wav and midi are fundamentally different things.
midi files contain commands that play sounds based on software synthesizers
or synthesizers controlled by external devices, while wav files play
recordings. a midi file doesn't have any sound in it, just commands.

now its possible to analyze a recording and break it down into a composition
of different notes that could generate a midi file, but this is insane and
kudos to the few developers who have been able to design such software.