[Tutor] (no subject)

S Python spython01 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:06:43 CEST 2008

Hi Morgan,

Have you installed Python on your computer?  If you are using Microsoft
Windows, you can download and install Python from here:
http://python.org/download/releases/2.5.2/
and select "python-2.5.2.msi".

Once it's installed, you should have a directory on your machine called
"C:\python25".  If you save your program with a .py extension in that folder
(for example, call it morgan.py), then all you have to do is open a command
window (Start > Run and enter "cmd"), go to the C:\python25 directory, and
type:
python morgan.py

Personally, if you are just staring out to program, I would recommend using
the Python shell that comes with the package I referred to.  Alan's
tutorial, found here:
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/

is very helpful, as is this site, which is what I used to start learning
Python:
http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/

Hope that helps.  Good luck!

Samir