[Tutor] Turtle problem: how to exit the .exe?

Dick Moores rdm at rcblue.com
Mon Jul 28 22:44:08 CEST 2008

Win XP, Python 2.51

The script is at <http://py77.python.pastebin.com/f414c8ce4>  It
calls the Windows console to show the printed data.

I've successfully used PyInstaller to make an .exe for this.  For
informed users, exiting the program before it finishes is easily and
cleanly done by a Ctrl+Q on the console window.

But I'd like to make a version of the script that doesn't report any
data. How can I write it so that the .exe can be easily exited by the
user? If Tkinter instead of Turtle were involved, I could have an
Exit button connected to command=root.quit .

Thanks,

Dick Moores