[Tutor] Program launcher in taskbar

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 13 16:00:06 CEST 2008

Ammar wrote...

> Is is possible to place my program icon in the system tray portion
> of the taskbar (like instant messaging applications)?
> The program will be launched by clicking on the icon. How to
> do this in python and which module should I use?

Are you on a Windows machine?  Then you might want to look at the
'win32gui_taskbar.py' example in the
'C:\Ap\Python\Lib\site-packages\win32\Demos' directory. This assumes you
have Mark Hammond's "Python for Windows Extensions" installed:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

Greetings,

--
"The ability of the OSS process to collect and harness
the collective IQ of thousands of individuals across