[Tutor] Basic Help Implementing Saved Scripts

jar_head at fuse.net jar_head at fuse.net
Thu Jul 10 06:29:28 CEST 2008

Hi,
     Sorry for this, most likely, idiotic question on my part.  I'm really liking Python and it's ease of use.  My only trouble is that I'm not sure how to use a script that I've saved, during another script located within the same folder.

The idea is that I want to make a few functions and be able to pull them up within my program without copy and pasting them.  Is it possible in Python?  Do I have to import them?

I've tried looking at tutorials, etc, but I can't find any that are up to date/simple enough to make any sense to me.  I'm running Windows ME and have used IDLE up to this point.

Python is my first language.  I have some knowledge of computers but reading some of the things on the other e-mails sent out, I'm lost.

I'd really appreciate it if someone gave me a very simple, step by step explanation of how to do this.

Thanks,
-Jay