[Tutor] search path

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 18:51:39 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Robert Johansson
<robert.johansson at math.umu.se> wrote:
> Running the script file she gets error messages claiming that the textfiles
> cannot be found when they are to be opened with
> fileid=file('textfilename.txt','r') even though the same thing works fine on
> my system. Anyone how knows what the cause of this is?

Are you sure the filename is correct?  As I understand it, Window's
filesystems are case insensitive, so 'textfilename.txt' would also
work for files named 'TextFileName.txt', or 'textfilename.TXT', etc.
I believe the Mac's filesystem is case sensitive, so all of those
names would be different files, and could in fact all reside in the
same directory together.

--
Jerry