[Tutor] search path

Robert Johansson robert.johansson at math.umu.se
Sun Jul 6 21:47:03 CEST 2008

I have some functions written in Matlab which I want to translate into
Python so that my friends (how don't have Matlab) can enjoy them. My program
does some work on a bunch of textfiles which I have put in the same
directory as the Python-scriptfile with the function definitions. Things run
pretty well on my installation (WinXP) but not on my girlfriends Mac (with
leopard).

Running the script file she gets error messages claiming that the textfiles
cannot be found when they are to be opened with
fileid=file('textfilename.txt','r') even though the same thing works fine on
my system. Anyone how knows what the cause of this is?

Regards, Robert