[Tutor] pygame event.type == QUIT

Nick Marmion nickle84_24 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 23:15:40 CEST 2008

I am learning pygame using begining game development w/ python and pygame.
I am doing 'Hello World Redux"
#!/usr/bin/env python
background_image_filename = 'sushiplate.jpg'mouse_image_filename = 'fugu.png'
import pygamefrom pygame.locals import *from sys import exit
pygame.init()
screen = pygame.display.set_mode((640,480),0,32)pygame.display.set_caption("Hello, World")
background = pygame.image.load(background_image_filename).convert()mouse_cursor = pygame.image.load(mouse_image_filename).convert_alpha()
while True:
    for event in pygame.event.get():        if event.type == QUIT:            exit()
    screen.blit(background,(0,0))
    x,y = pygame.mouse.get_pos()    x -= mouse_cursor.get_width() / 2    y -= mouse_cursor.get_height() / 2    screen.blit(mouse_cursor, (x,y))
    pygame.display.update()This is the code and I am pretty sure it is same as in the book.
but when I try to close the pygame window I get an error
Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Python25\pythonGameProg\hellowworld redux.py", line 22, in <module>    exit()SystemExit

I am trying to figure out how to get the window to close without the error and to make it so I don't have to close the window by using the taskmanager.  Any susgestions would be very helpful.