[Tutor] : Novice Python Question

S Potter f8lcoder at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 18:12:17 CEST 2008

To all;

Since this was my first time using this resource I just wanted to extend my thanks for the many responses/explanations.
I'm actually not using much of a tutorial but I will look over the links provided herein. I did make a mistake in my question post
I wasn't using a dictionary but a source list. Anyway, the explanations helped a lot I think I may actually get it now.

As for the macro-substitution comment I guess I should be careful not all languages handle this as I know of it.

ex: &VarName[.cExpression] in FoxPro

I assumed the concept to be the same, but that's what 'assume' gets me. Sorry;-)

S.