[Tutor] results not quite 100 percent yet

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:02:04 CET 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 3:19 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:
> "bhaaluu" <bhaaluu at gmail.com> wrote
>
> > how to program a TAG in Python. My goal is to code
> > the game in POOP
>
> POOP????

Python Object Oriented Programming
8^D

> > I fixed enough typos in two of the games in the book
> > to get them running in a GWBASIC interpreter on an
> > old 286 DOS computer.
>
> Why not run it on a modern computer under QBASIC
> which, last time I looked, was still being shipped with
> Win98 and NT4 - dunno about XP/Vista. But there are
> several unofficial download sites on the web too. And
> the QBASIC IDE is much nicer than GWBASIC

Try it. I'll even send  the code that is working in GWBASIC
to you if you think you can get it working in QBasic. The
286 has all the old interpreters/compilers on it. I used
QBasic to fix most of the typos in the code, but never
could get the code to work in QBasic. (QBasic was the
first interpreter I learned to program with -- I never did
learn the old line-numbered BASIC). Once I fixed everything
I could in QBasic, I fired up the program in GWBASIC and
it runs fine. I don't have MS-XP/Vista/NT. I have MS-DOS 6.2,
MS-Windows 3.1, MS-Windows95. I've been using GNU/Linux
as my primary OS since 1996. My computer "museum"
includes a 286,386,486, an old Pentium, a 586, and a 686.

> Thats why the original version of my tutorial useed
> QBASIC as one of its languages. It came for free
> with Windows.

I've seen your QBasic/Python tutorial!