[Tutor] interview questions

Varsha Purohit varsha.purohit at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 00:24:38 CET 2008

Thanks for the input. ACtualy i just started programming in python since aug
2007 and i m doing my masters research on it. So i learnt python in quite
less amount of time. But otherwise i am good in c and c++. I am giving my
first interview in python so i dont know what kind of questions they might
ask me. So i wanted to have some list of quiestions which would give me an
idea as how should i prepare for python and wxpython.

On Jan 19, 2008 3:38 AM, Remco Gerlich <remco at gerlich.nl> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I've interviewed people for a project in which we used Perl. Most of us
> already on the team hadn't used Perl before that project, but we learned it
> pretty quickly, so we knew that that was quite possible. Before the
> interview we would have seen their CV, and decided we wanted to speak to
> them, so any language specific questions in the interview (or programming
> questions generally) would be to check if they really had the level they
> claimed.
>
> Some people said in their letter, I don't know Perl yet but I do know X
> and Y, I can program, and I expect to be able to learn Perl. That was fine
> by us, we did ask them things about how they'd do things in X and Y, and
> general problems of Web programming, how would they go about learning a
> language - but we didn't grill them on their Perl.
>
> Then there were those who claimed they were good at Perl. Even though we
> weren't specifically looking for great Perl programmers, if they claim to be
> great... these very often failed at pretty simple stuff, they really were
> just beginners. Not actually worse at Perl than the other candidates, but
> they had claimed more.
>
> So, be honest :-) Then it doesn't matter much what they ask, since you
> have the level of Python knowledge that you claimed.
>
> Remco Gerlich
>
> On Jan 19, 2008 3:09 AM, Varsha Purohit < varsha.purohit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello All,
> >        I have an interview in python program development. Can i know
> > some interview questions in python ? If you know any website where i can
> > refer that would be helpful.
> >
> > thanks,
> > --
> > Varsha Purohit,