[Tutor] designing POOP

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 23:27:59 CET 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 4:46 PM, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:
> bhaaluu wrote:
>
> > It also cleaned up main(), and put everything in well defined packages
> > at the top of the program.
>
> Yes, good OOD puts things into cohesive, comprehensible packages.
>
> > I can see do difference in "game play". 8^D
>
> And that's a good thing, right?
>
> "Refactoring is the process of changing a software system in such a way
> that it does not alter the external behavior of the code yet improves
> its internal structure." -- Martin Fowler in Refactoring
>
> The refactoring you just did is called Extract Method:
> http://www.refactoring.com/catalog/extractMethod.html
>
> Kent

This is something that one can only gain from experience?
I really had to struggle to get the Light class to work at all.
I have no idea how many times I started over. But I do feel
that I am starting to learn some of this stuff.

As "simple" as the adventure game is, I can see that it will
provide lots of practice for me to design and code it in
Python OOP.

Thanks Kent!
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its