[Tutor] Pixelize ubuntu python script acting odd.

Tiger12506 keridee at jayco.net
Fri Feb 8 02:11:36 CET 2008

Some suggestions throughout

> def runThrough():
>    walk = os.walk("/media/sda1/Documents/Pictures/2007") #location of the
> pics I want to use
>    count = 0
>    for root, dirs, files in walk:
>        try:
>            for x in files:
>                if x.lower().find(".jpg")> -1: #If it's a .jpg...

This could be
if x.lower().endswith(".jpg"):

>                    count = count + 1
>                    operation = 'make_db ' + root + '/' +  x

This could be also
operation = "make_db %s/%s" % (root,x)

>                    os.system(operation) # Call the command line with the
> operation above
>                    print root + '/' + x #This is optional, I did this for
> debugging
print "%s/%s" % (root,x)

>            print str(count) + " files done"
print "%s files done" % count

>        except OSError:
>            print root + "/" + x + " was not included in the list"
>        #This was run to get rid of all the obnoxious spaces in the file
> names
>        #try:
>        #    for x in files:
>        #        loc = root + '/' + x
>        #        pic = loc.replace(' ', "_")
>        #        os.rename(loc, pic)
>        #        count = count + 1
>        #    print str(count) + "files done"
>        #except OSError:
>        #    print root + '/' + x + " was not included"

I don't know much about ubuntu, so I can't answer the question. Also you
might consider os.path.join
And since you are doing this root+'/'+x so many times, perhaps you should
just assign it to a variable once
and use it instead? Say~  fullpath = root+'/'+x