[Tutor] A bit about python culture

bhaaluu bhaaluu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 15:12:13 CET 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 5:44 AM, Michael Bernhard Arp Sørensen
<murderbystealth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings Masters.
>
> I was wondering if there's a well know word for python programmers, that is
> usable as a domain name. Unfortunately, "pug.dk", as in "python user group,
> Denmark", is unavailable here in Denmark.
>
> I hope to acquire a national domain name and let future local user groups
> choose their own third level domain name.
>
> Any ideas are welcome.
>
> --
> Kind regards
>
> Michael B. Arp Sørensen
>  Programmer / BOFH
>
> I am /root and if you see me laughing you better have a backup.

Your best bet might be to look at the old comedy sketches
of Monty Python's Flying Circus. I've found several of their
skits on YouTube. A couple of the more well known sketches
are the Cheese Shop and  the Dead Parrot, but there are
others that may also be a source of ideas for names of a
Python Programming domain.

Even though the logo for many Python Programming sites
is a python snake, the Python Programming language was
named after the British comedy troupe.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.
--
b h a a l u u at g m a i l dot c o m
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its