[Tutor] Import error in UNO

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 6 18:15:39 CET 2008

"muhamed niyas" <cmniyas at gmail.com> wrote

>I can import when i moved to the uno location.
> pls see the messages in the terminal.
>

> C:\>cd "Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program"\
> C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program>python
> Python 2.3.4 (#53, Feb  2 2006, 01:06:22) [MSC v.1310 32 bit
> (Intel)] on
> win32
> Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
> information.

Ok, Odd.
Lets just check its finding the PYTHONPATH setting OK.

Exit Python, start a new cmd window and restart python.
Now import sys and print sys.path

Does your PYTHONPATH folder show up in the list?

If so the only other things I can think of are
1) Create a simple Python module in the same folder as uno
and try importing that to see if you definitely can find it and
prove the folder permissions aren't the issue.

2) Check that there are no modules called uno in any other
of the sys.path folders that are masking the OOo one.

After that I'm kind of stumped.

Alan G