[Tutor] Hello and newbie question about "self"

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 4 06:17:48 CET 2008

"Patrick Lists" <patrick-lists at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote

> I probably won't need to start writing classes but I really want to
> finish the book before I start coding something.

Such things are personal but I would personally recommend
writing as much code as you can as soon as you can. Do
the examples in the book but treat them as starting points.
Try modifying them and guess what will happen. See if you
are right. If so you understand it! If not go back and dig until
you see why your expectation was wrong and why the code
did what it dd.

This is one of the great things about Python's >>> interactive
prompt, you can learn so much by just doodling with code.

Alan G.