[Tutor] Word Frequency Chart

Ishan Puri ballerz4ishi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 24 04:17:33 CET 2008

Hello,
    I am a beginner with Python but I understand a lot of linguistics. I am a high school student. I needed help (from the beginning) making a word frequency chart that I can use to chart out the numerical frequencies of words. Usually I can understand the code if it is annotated well, but I am not familiar with the functions and so forth. It would be awesome if someone could make a program that would chart frequencies for me. I have the corpora already. If the program could have something like "Type filename:" when I run it that would be fantastic. I have pylab as well, so the code could include something that would make the chart when I type in the filename. That would be great.
    Thank you.