[Tutor] MP3Info class usage

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Dec 16 05:50:37 CET 2008

Gareth at Serif wrote:
> Okay, I've moved over to eyeD3.py... fif nothing else, the
> documentation for it's usage is far superior.
>
> However, I can't get anything to run.  The help gives examples of
> some simple tasks, but as soon as I 'import eyeD3', not even calling
> any functions within it, I start getting errors such as:
>
> In eyeD3.py, the 'from eyeD3.tag import *;' line (and similar)
> didn't work until I removed the 'eyeD3.' part and just imported
> 'tag'.

How have you installed eyeD3?  Perhaps there's something wrong with
the installation.  Certainly, 'import eyeD3' should not create any
errors.

> Then in tag.py, some of the class defs complained about undefined
> variables, for example 'def link(self, f, v = ID3_ANY_VERSION)'
> needed to have quotes around 'ID3_ANY_VERSION'.

That's not what you want to do.  ID3_ANY_VERSION is defined in
eyeD3/__init__.py.  If you quote it, you're breaking it.

> I'm baffled that I'm having to jump through so many hoops because I
> imported eyeD3... is this typical?  What have I done wrong?

That's hard to guess at.  If you can explain what you have done and
how you've installed eyeD3, that would help.

Don't look for me in daylight where robots all assemble.  You'll find
me in my dark world, in my smoke-filled temple.