[Tutor] Ask a class for it's methods

Shrutarshi Basu technorapture at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 02:05:23 CET 2008

I normally would use exceptions, because I think exceptions are a
great idea. But since the functions may be time-consuming graphics
functions and the lists could easily be hundreds of such calls, I
don't want the user to sit around for something that might fail. Of
course, I'm just starting so my assumptions about time might not turn
out to be valid, so I could just use exceptions in the end. This is an
option I'm exploring.

Getattr and dir seem to be the way to go for now, so I'll be trying to
apply them over the weekend and see how it turns out. Any more ideas
welcome.
Thanks,
Basu

--