[Tutor] reading output from a c executable.

Ravi Kondamuru ravikondamuru at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:59:14 CET 2008

Reasons for C:
1. The log files I am working are 60-100MB files. I *assumed* using C will
reduce the parse time.
2. The records themselves are variable length and hence was concerned about
the complexity for implementation in python.
3. Since I am not using a database, each request to refresh the graph
(changing time duration for display) will have to re-parse the file all over
again. And hence speed in parsing the log is important.

Hope that explains
thanks,
Ravi.