[Tutor] sqlite3 Python25 parameter binding problem with UPDATE please help

aivars aivars868 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 08:12:54 CET 2008

Hello,

Does sqlite3 in python 2.5 supports parameter bindings in UPDATE
statement? When I do like the following:

oCon.execute("UPDATE rezerve SET latusaldo =? where gads =?;",(result, [year]))
oCon.commit()

it throws me the error:
sqlite3.InterfaceError: error binding parameter 1 probably unsupported type

All works OK when using INSERT with the same parameters.

On Google I found that python with MySQL supports this syntax (sorry I
am not able to find the link now) but I am not able to get it working
with sqlite3

Thanks in advance

Maybe I should as this question on sqlite list?

Aivars