[Tutor] converting processing code to python code

Erica Osher eosher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 00:40:03 CET 2008

The code was originally created for a Processing Project and I'm just
starting to learn python and I'd like to build on this code.

The syntax error I get is

*Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "nodebox/gui/mac/__init__.pyo", line 332, in _compileScript
  File "<untitled>", line 8
     int x1 = 5;
          ^
 SyntaxError: invalid syntax
*
any suggestions?

Thanks.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 6:30 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com>wrote:

> "Erica Osher" <eosher at gmail.com> wrote
>
>  I have a simple processing code that I'm trying to work with in python,
>> but
>> I keep getting syntax errors. Any help on changing the code would be
>> greatly
>> appreciated. Thanks.
>>

> It would help to have some background.
> What language are you translating from? It could be C/C++/JavaScript or
> Java.
> Or possibly other C type languages. It might be significant!
>
> Also show us what you tried and the syntax error messages.
> That way we can figure out what it is you are doing wrong.
>
> Otherwise we wind up writing your code for you and you learn nothing.
> Then we have to do it all o er again next time you get stuck.
> That's inefficient for both you and us!
>

> --
> Alan Gauld
> Author of the Learn to Program web site