[Tutor] print the hole unicode list

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 11:53:37 CEST 2008

Well, on my linux box (ubuntu) it had no problem with this:

for i in range(0, 65536):
    uchar=unicode("\u%04X"%i,"unicode-escape")
    print uchar

So my guess is you're missing some character in your set, but I'm not sure.

HTH
-Wayne

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Yang <winglion1 at 163.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>    I am trying to print out the hole unicode char list in window! form
> 0-65535.
> I use the winxp in simple chinese LOCAL! the ascii form 0-127 and CJK chars
> form
> 0X4E00-0X9FA4 can be print out! Other ucode chars case this error
> "UnicodeEncodeError: 'gbk' codec can't encode character u'\u9fa6' in
> position 0"
>
> my code is here:
>  for i in range(0,65536 ):
>            uchar=unicode("\u%04X"%i,"unicode-escape")
>            print "%x :"%i,uchar
>
> how can I achive a hole unicode list? Or can it be done?

> ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡winglion1 at 163.com

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi